Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this Web site as well as all transactions conducted through the site.
- Use Of Site
This site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Information on this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information, including product pricing and availability, may be changed or updated without notice. Hi Power Cycles and its subsidiaries reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders in its discretion, including, without limitation, if Hi Power Cycles believes that customer conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to the interests of Hi Power Cycles and its subsidiaries.
- Shipping & Delivery
Hi-Power Cycles ships world wide. For international orders please contact us via email or phone. The risk of loss and title for all merchandise ordered on this Web site pass to you when the merchandise is delivered to the shipping carrier. In the rare instance of damage during shipment, the buyer must notify Hi-Power Cycles within 48 hours. We will then file a claim with the appropriate carrier. No compensation shall be given before finalization of this claim.
- Sales Tax
Hi-Power Cycles charges sales tax for merchandise ordered on this Web site based on the applicable state sales tax rate and the location to which the order is being shipped.
IMPORTANT: Warranty Information
Any product returned for repair or replacement must be accompanied by a contact name, email address, shipping address and daytime phone number. If this information is not provided, HPC will be unable to return your product to you and reserves the right to dispose of your product two months after the receipt of the warranty item.
Please note that HPC will endeavor to ensure the safety of your product whilst in their possession. Please only send back the item needed to be inspected/repaired under warranty. You should retain any object or accessory not required for repair as HPC will not accept responsibility, nor pay any compensation for the loss of any item not associated with the repair. For motors, please take off your disc brake (if applicable), freewheel (if applicable), tire/inner tube or any other accessory attached to the rim/motor. For battery systems, send back the charger and battery. For all controller problems, send back the controller. ALL PRODUCTS MUST BE AT OEM SPECIFICATIONS, meaning HPC will not warrant the product if any connectors or wires have been altered with.
As of 9/4/12, Standard Warranty Period for controller and throttle is 12 months from date of shipment. Standard Warranty period for all Motors is 12 months from date of shipment.
Battery warranty is 12 months from date of shipment for LiFePo4, Li-NMC, and LiPo batteries.
- HPC warrants their products to be in good working order during the period of warranty. The period of warranty is stated on the warranty card and commences during the date the product is purchased. In the event the product is not in good working order within 1 month of original purchase, HPC will provide, during the said warranty period, a free warranty service within the United States. In the event there is a problem within the first month of ownership, HPC will repair/replace the defective product free of charge, and will not charge any associated labor costs. The service will be entirely FREE of charge. From months 2-6, all required parts to fix/repair/replace remain free of charge, however, buyer must pay shipping to us. We will cover the shipping cost back to you. From months 7-12, all required parts to fix/repair/replace remain free of charge. Labor will be assessed during this time period at a reduced rate of $45/hour (this is 25% off our standard shop rate). However, if a battery is sent back for warranty service and cannot be repaired in house and needs to be replaced- A replacement battery pack will be sold on a pro-rated schedule as follows:
- LiFePo4 batteries: (Cost of NEW battery - 15%) x (Month of Warranty) / 12.
For instance, if a new 51V 10Ah LiFePo4 battery costs $799 new, if you need a replacement in month 7, your cost will be: ($799 - $119.85) x (7)/ 12 = $396.17.
- Li-NMC batteries: (Cost of NEW battery - 15%) x (Month of Warranty) / 12. This chemistry uses the same formula as LiFePo4 batteries.
- LiPo batteries: (Cost of NEW battery - 10%) x (Month of Warranty) / 12. For example, if you need a replacement in month 7, your cost will be: ($949 - $95) x (7) / 12 = $498.16.
d. ANY replacement battery purchased in months 7-12 will receive a 6 month extended warranty from date of shipment.
- The services consist of (at HPC’s discretion) either repair or replacement. Products that will be provided on an exchange basis will either be new, equivalent to new, or re-conditioned.
- Unless agreed in writing, the Warranty does not apply:
- Because you have not used, stored or handled the product properly; or you are in breach of the terms of this warranty or the contract terms ; or have not followed the written instructions of the product or of the manufacturer; or damage or defect due to willful neglect or negligence by anyone other than HPC.
- Where spare parts or other replaceable items neither made nor recommended by HPC have been used a loss of quality or performance has been experienced. (This is because all HPC products are designed to work their best using products made or recommended by HPC). In such an instance, HPC will not be held liable for any complaint concerning failure, loss of quality, or poor performance. Furthermore, there can be instances where use of non recommended products may cause actual damage to the Product(s) and in such instance HPC refuses the right to carry out repairs or to charge for such repairs and all associated costs.
- Because of installation, damage to, or modification to the product by someone else or because of changes required to you or a Third party. If any connectors or wires have been altered or taken off, the warranty on that item will be void.
- Because of external causes outside our control which shall include fire, accident, disaster, and burglary
- Because of faults caused by shock or fail, sand, dust, damp or corrosion, repair or cleaning by unauthorized personnel
- Because the product was not properly packaged and sufficiently padded when sent in for warranty inspection.
The Content included in this Web site has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change without notice as are any products, programs, offerings, or technical information described in this Web site. Hi Power Cycles makes no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the completeness, quality, or adequacy of the Web site or Content, or the suitability, functionality, or operation of this Web site or its Content. By using this Web site, you assume the risk that the Content on this Web site may be inaccurate, incomplete, offensive, or may not meet your needs and requirements. Hi Power Cycles SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THESE WEB PAGES AND CONTENT. IN NO EVENT WILL Hi Power Cycles BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
-- OR Depending on State --
The information and content on this server is provided "as is" with no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Any warranty that is provided in connection with any of the products and services described on this Web site is provided by the advertiser or manufacturer only, and not by Hi Power Cycles
The references and descriptions of products or services within the Web site materials are provided "as is" without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied.Hi Power Cycles is not liable for any damages, including any consequential damages, of any kind that may result to the user from the use of the materials on this Web site or of any of the products or services described hereon.
The descriptions of, and references to, products, services and companies on this Web site are the sole responsibility of the companies providing the information ("advertisers"), and not Hi Power Cycles
The inclusion of material on this server does not imply any endorsement by Hi Power Cycles, which makes no warranty of any kind with respect to the subject matter of the server materials advertised.
A possibility exists that the server materials could include inaccuracies or errors. Additionally, a possibility exists that unauthorized additions, deletions, and alterations could be made by third parties to the server materials. Although Hi Power Cycles tries to ensure the integrity and the accurateness of the server materials, it makes no guarantees about their correctness or accuracy. Before relying on any representation made in any of the server materials, check with the advertiser of the product or service to ensure that the information you are relying upon is correct.
- Return Policy
Due to the high degree of customization for each individual customer, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT NO REFUNDS will be given on our bikes and kits (and accessories). Due to custom components, allow up to 3-4 weeks before shipment of your order. Be aware, due to international shipping and customs, shipment can, in rare cases, exceed 4 weeks. We will update you should there be any delays beyond 4 weeks. Complete bikes that have NOT been shipped may be refunded minus an 18% restocking fee, Complete Kits that have NOT been shipped may be refunded minus a 12% restocking fee, and individual parts and accessories that have NOT been shipped may be refunded minus a 10% restocking fee. Special circumstances will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Thank you for choosing Hi-Power Cycles!