Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this Web site as well as all transactions conducted through this site and over the phone with HPC.
Use Of Site
- This site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Information on this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information, including product pricing and availability, may be changed or updated without notice. Hi Power Cycles and its subsidiaries reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders in its discretion, including, without limitation, if Hi Power Cycles believes that customer conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to the interests of Hi Power Cycles and its subsidiaries.
When you interact with us, we automatically receive and store certain types of information, such as the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, the products you purchase, or your location information associated with your IP address. We use the information we collect to serve you more relevant advertisements (referred to as “Retargeting”). This is statistical information used to monitor the usage of our website and for advertising purposes. This information does not include personal information.
As you browse hi-powercycles.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with hi-powercycles.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You can visit Opt Out to opt out of AdRoll and their partners' targeted advertising.
We implement a secure processing server on our site when collecting information to ensure a high level of security for your personal information entered such as bank details and credit card information.
- Shipping & Delivery
- Hi-Power Cycles ships world wide. For international orders please contact us via email or phone. The risk of loss and title for all merchandise ordered on this Web site pass to you when the merchandise is delivered to the shipping carrier. In the rare instance of damage during shipment, the buyer must notify Hi-Power Cycles within 48 hours. We will then file a claim with the appropriate carrier. No compensation shall be given before finalization of this claim.
- Sales Tax
- Hi-Power Cycles charges sales tax for merchandise ordered on this Web site based on the applicable state sales tax rate and the location to which the order is being shipped.
- Use of our Products
- Use of HPC products to assemble an electric bike kit, OR use of pre-made electric bikes manufactured by Hi-Power Cycles, LLC MUST be ridden in accordance with all local and federal laws. Systems above 750W that are capable of more than 20 MPH are NOT able to be legally ridden on streets according to federal laws in the United States and many other countries. It is up to the end user to comply with all laws pertaining to the use of these high powered machines. Misuse of our high powered kits or bikes can lead to serious injury or even death. User fully understands Electric Bike recreational riding is an inherently dangerous activity. By purchasing an HPC product the consumer promises to hold harmless Hi-Power Cycles, LLC (DBA "HPC") and its subsidiaries in the event of an accident and promises not to pursue legal recourse. In the event a customer wishes to pursue legal action, he/she is obligated to fully cover all legal defense fees for Hi-Power Cycles, LLC. Customer is to fully understand that our most powerful systems (3000W or higher) are not designed to sustain top speeds for more than a short burst. It is inherently dangerous and beyond the scope of our manufacturing specifications to attain top speeds for sustained periods of time of more than 30 seconds per instance. Please be sure to ride safely and within the scope of the law and ALWAYS wear a helmet.
- IMPORTANT: Warranty Information
- *All Demo/Pre-Owned Products carry a 3 Month Warranty*
Any product returned for repair or replacement must be accompanied by a contact name, email address, shipping address and daytime phone number. If this information is not provided, HPC will be unable to return your product to you and reserves the right to dispose of your product two months after the receipt of the warranty item.
Please note that HPC will endeavor to ensure the safety of your product whilst in their possession. Please only send back the item needed to be inspected/repaired under warranty. You should retain any object or accessory not required for repair as HPC will not accept responsibility, nor pay any compensation for the loss of any item not associated with the repair. For motors, please take off your disc brake (if applicable), freewheel (if applicable), tire/inner tube or any other accessory attached to the rim/motor. For battery systems, send back the charger and battery. For all controller problems, send back the controller. ALL PRODUCTS MUST BE AT OEM SPECIFICATIONS, meaning HPC will not warrant the product if any connectors or wires have been altered with. HPC will NEVER send out any replacement items until AFTER the items in question have been inspected and deemed faulty.
As of 05/16/16, All electronics (Motor, Controller, Throttle, Battery, Charger) come with a 3 YEAR Limited Warranty from date of shipment.
- HPC warrants their products to be in good working order during the period of warranty. The period of warranty is stated on the warranty card and commences during the date the product is shipped to the customer. In the event the product is not in good working order, HPC will provide, during the said warranty period, a free warranty service within the United States.
First 30 Days:
In the event there is a problem within the first month of ownership, HPC will repair/replace the defective product free of charge, and will not charge any associated labor costs. The service will be entirely FREE of charge, and HPC will cover shipping costs to and from the customer. All required parts to fix/repair/replace remain free of charge.
Month 2 to Month 12:
HPC will repair/replace the defective product free of charge, and will not charge any associated labor costs. Customer is responsible for paying ALL shipping charges to and from Hi-Power Cycles.
After the first year of ownership is over, HPC will repair defective products if possible. The first hour of labor will be at no cost to the customer and will be a free service. Any consecutive hour(s) of labor will be charged at a discounted rate of 25% off the normal shop rate of $75/hr. This equates to $56.25/hr. If the item cannot be repaired for any reason, OR if the customer prefers a new replacement, we can offer a brand new replacement at 50% off retail cost. Customer is responsible for paying ALL shipping charges to and from Hi-Power Cycles.
- Unless agreed to in writing, the Warranty does not apply:
- Because you have not used, maintained, stored or handled the product properly; or you are in breach of the terms of this warranty or the contract terms; or have not followed the written instructions of the product or of the manufacturer; or damage or defect due to willful neglect or negligence by anyone other than HPC.
- If customer chooses not to pay an outstanding invoice for services rendered or for products previously shipped.
- Where spare parts or other replaceable items neither made nor recommended by HPC have been used a loss of quality or performance has been experienced. (This is because all HPC products are designed to work their best using products made or recommended by HPC). In such an instance, HPC will not be held liable for any complaint concerning failure, loss of quality, or poor performance. Furthermore, there can be instances where use of non recommended products may cause actual damage to the Product(s) and in such instance HPC refuses the right to carry out repairs or to charge for such repairs and all associated costs.
- Because of installation, damage to, or modification to the product by someone else or because of changes required to you or a Third party. If any connectors or wires have been altered or taken off, the warranty on that item will be void.
- Because of external causes outside our control which shall include fire, accident, disaster, and burglary
- Because of faults caused by shock or fail, sand, dust, damp or corrosion, repair or cleaning by unauthorized personnel
- Because the product was not properly packaged and sufficiently padded when sent in for warranty inspection.
The Content included in this Web site has been compiled from a variety of sources and is subject to change without notice as are any products, programs, offerings, or technical information described in this Web site. Hi Power Cycles makes no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the completeness, quality, or adequacy of the Web site or Content, or the suitability, functionality, or operation of this Web site or its Content. By using this Web site, you assume the risk that the Content on this Web site may be inaccurate, incomplete, offensive, or may not meet your needs and requirements. Hi Power Cycles SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT WITH RESPECT TO THESE WEB PAGES AND CONTENT. IN NO EVENT WILL Hi Power Cycles BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
-- OR Depending on State --
The information and content on this server is provided "as is" with no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Any warranty that is provided in connection with any of the products and services described on this Web site is provided by the advertiser or manufacturer only, and not by Hi Power Cycles
The references and descriptions of products or services within the Web site materials are provided "as is" without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied.Hi Power Cycles is not liable for any damages, including any consequential damages, of any kind that may result to the user from the use of the materials on this Web site or of any of the products or services described hereon.
The descriptions of, and references to, products, services and companies on this Web site are the sole responsibility of the companies providing the information ("advertisers"), and not Hi Power Cycles
The inclusion of material on this server does not imply any endorsement by Hi Power Cycles, which makes no warranty of any kind with respect to the subject matter of the server materials advertised.
A possibility exists that the server materials could include inaccuracies or errors. Additionally, a possibility exists that unauthorized additions, deletions, and alterations could be made by third parties to the server materials. Although Hi Power Cycles tries to ensure the integrity and the accuracy of the server materials, it makes no guarantees about their correctness. Before relying on any representation made in any of the server materials, check with the advertiser of the product or service to ensure that the information you are relying upon is correct.
- Return Policy
- Due to the high degree of customization for each individual customer, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT NO REFUNDS will be given on our bikes, kits, or custom USA made battery systems. We hand build our USA made batteries to each individual bike, kit or standalone battery. Due to custom components, allow up to 2-4 weeks before shipment of your order for standard bikes and kits. HPC Typhoon, SuperMundo and Speedster may take up to 4-8 weeks due to extensive machine work and custom drive assemblies. The USA made HPC Revolution may take 4-12 weeks to ship due to custom carbon fiber and complex aluminum machine work. Bikes will be shipped only after they have been paid for in full. For international shipments, be aware that there can be added delays if customs chooses to randomly inspect your package(s). Individual parts and accessories that have NOT been shipped may be refunded minus a 10% restocking fee. Custom parts and accessories not listed on the website will not be refunded. These items can be shipped to the customer with shipping costs being paid entirely by the end customer, or can be picked up locally at our place of business. In the event of delays of 60 days or more past the above timelines (i.e. 4 weeks + 60 days for standard bikes and kits, 8 weeks + 60 days for HPC Typhoon, SuperMundo, and Speedster, and 12 weeks + 60 days for HPC Revolution) the customer will be eligible upon request for a full refund minus interchange transaction fee with no further re-stocking fees.
- As an added service for our valued customers, HPC, at their discretion, may offer to sell a new or used HPC bike or kit on consignment! For a new bike or kit that has NOT SHIPPED from our facility, HPC will actively market and attempt to sell the bike or kit. HPC will refund the sale price of the bike or kit -20% commission if and when it sells. Alternatively, if a customer has a bike or kit that has already been shipped from the HPC facility, we will do a thorough inspection of the bike or kit to make sure it is in sellable condition. If the bike or kit is deemed to be in sellable condition, HPC will actively market and attempt to sell the bike or kit. HPC will refund the sale price of the bike or kit -25% commission if and when it sells. If there are parts that need to be replaced that have physical damage or parts or electronics that are broken and are not covered under warranty, the price of these replacement items will be deducted from the sale price of the bike or kit in question. HPC offers no guarantee as to timelines for completing a consignment sale, but will actively work with the customer in regards to pricing strategies needed to facilitate an expedient sale. Thank you for choosing Hi-Power Cycles!